We believe every person has God given purpose, and our desire is to help you find it. We are committed to helping people experience the love of God through His son, Jesus Christ and remain empowered daily by the Holy Spirit. Throughout our life journey we aim to cheer each other on, living lives to their full potential.
What To Expect
When you visit Beach Fellowship, you should expect to encounter God, meet diverse and authentic people, and experience love.
What We Practice
Beach Fellowship observes two Biblical ordinances (symbols) that Christ gave to remind us of His death and His resurrection life. They are communion and baptism. These sacraments represent both our individual, inward commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus as well as the corporate, outward connection to a local community of Christ followers: the Church.
- Ray attended Old Dominion University and earned his degree in Biblical Studies from Rock Bible Institute. He is a founding member of Beach Fellowship and in 1998 became the Lead Pastor. Along with his daily responsibilities here, our Pastor demonstrates a core Beach Fellowship belief by staying active in service to our city, Virginia Beach. In 2011, he was elected as inagural Chairman of the BEACH Community Partnership, a collaborative effort of over 50 community organizations formed to combat homelessness in Virginia Beach. He currently serves as Immediate Past Chair as well as a member of the governing board for city homelessness. in 2015 Pastor Ray was appointed by the mayor and city counsel to be the inagural chairman of VB HOME NOW Inc. this new foundation was established for fund resourcing for the neediest in our city.
Pastor Ray lives in Virginia Beach with his beautiful wife, Mary Alice, and together they are the parents of three children: Chris, wife MaryAnn and their son Caleb; Natalie, husband Peter and their daughter Evelyn; and son Kyle.
- Pastor Jody oversees the planning and musical arrangement for Sunday Worship services, special services, and conferences. Jody attended Hampden-Sydney College and has continued his post-graduate training at Regent University. He and his family have been attending Beach Fellowship since 2000.
- Pastor David is responsible for growing and maintaining Life Groups for Beach Fellowship. He is also involved with Men’s Ministry functions of the Church as well as other administrative duties. David attended University of Virginia and completed his Masters at Regent University. He and his family have been attending Beach Fellowship since 2014.
- Pastor Martha oversees the Women’s Ministry as well as a team of Women lay leaders who ministers to the needs of the women of Beach Fellowship. Martha attended Providence Bible College and has been attending Beach Fellowship since 2009.
- Pastor Andrew oversees the High School and Middle School youth groups for Beach Fellowship. Andrew attended Virginia Tech and completed his Masters at Regent University. He has attended Beach Fellowship since 2013.
Sonshine Preschool, Director
B.E.A.C.H. Childrens Ministry Director
Lisa Pascanik Kids on the Rock Director (1st – 5th grade)
Associate A/V Director
Technical Production Coordinator
Associate Worship Director
Media Production Coordinator
Sonshine Preschool, DirectorBeth oversees the daily operations of Sonshine Preschool. She is a graduate of Norfolk State University with a degree in Exercise Physiology. Beth and her family have been attending Beach Fellowship since 2000.
B.E.A.C.H. Childrens Ministry DirectorAfter serving as a monthly volunteer in the Children's ministry for 2 years, Christine became the BEACH KIDS children's ministry director in 2015. Christine loves shining a bright light for Jesus. She enjoys creating a fun environment for the babies - kindergarteners each Sunday through a teaching, craft, worship, and playtime. She combines her leadership and relational skills to help bring children and parents together focusing on developing the foundation for a personal relationship with Jesus. Want to know who Christine's biggest fan is? Her lovely daughter, Lillian! Together they love spending time at the beach, hanging out with family, and laughing (a lot!). Christine's hope is for every heart to receive the love of Jesus and live passionately for Christ. Christine has a Bachelor of Arts degree from State University of New York College at Oneonta.
Lisa Pascanik Kids on the Rock Director (1st – 5th grade)As the Director of Kids on the Rock, Lisa oversees the planning, teachers, and volunteers for Sunday Worship services for children 1st grade through 5th grade. She attended University of West Florida. Lisa and her family have attended Beach Fellowship since 1999.
Facility DirectorSuzie oversees the facility maintenance and upkeep for Beach Fellowship. Suzie and her family have attended Beach Fellowship since 1996.
Associate A/V DirectorJennifer oversees the Audio/Visual Ministry Team. She oversees the planning and scheduling for Sunday Worship services, conferences, and special services. Jennifer has attended Beach Fellowship since 2008.
Technical Production CoordinatorIra is responsible for the technical production for the Audio/Visual Ministry Team. He oversees the recruiting, training and A/V production details for Sunday Worship services, Conferences, and special services.
Associate Worship DirectorKyle is responsible for coordinating technical and production elements for the Worship Ministry. He is integral in planning Sunday Worship services, Conferences, and special services. Kyle grew up at Beach Fellowship and has been an active member of the Worship Ministry since 2004.
Media Production CoordinatorDerek is responsible for the production of multi-media elements of services and for release of media to Beach Fellowship’s digital assets. Derek grew up at Beach Fellowship and has been an active member of the Worship Ministry since 2001.
IT DirectorWayne oversees the digital assets for Beach Fellowship. He is responsible for optimizing the website and social media channels as well as the computer operating systems. Wayne and his family have attended Beach Fellowship since 2011.