January 16th 2018Celebrate
- Fasting is a lot like rehab for the soul. Sometimes in life we are injured, banged up and don't even realize we need rehab… Many times we just keep plodding along while injured in body,heart,mind and soul without knowing how desperately we need rehab. Fasting & praying times are exactly like rehabilitation, empowering us to be strengthened, healed, develop necessary spiritual disciplines to keep walking in life.
- Fasting is one of God's therapy orders for each of us to grow ...
- May God be glorified in & through our lives as today we complete our 8 day church fast.
- May God continue to bless you well after today as you have set aside meals & devoted time to seek him with prayer & sweet communion.
- May God's empowering,enable us to advance his glory on the earth even more in 2018 then ever before Jesus said my house will be called a house of prayer to all nations.
Thanks for pressing in, going a little deeper, starting our collective year off with greater time of devotion to God
Now unto the king eternal, immortal, invisible and only wise God; be honor, glory and power forever and ever amen.
January 15th 2018Slowing down to Accomplish More
- As Paul learned & told us, God's power is perfected in our weakness .... fasting temporarily weakens & slows the natural man. My outer body struggles when I fast but my inner man is renewed more & more each day by God's amazing grace.
God ALWAYS SETS FIRE TO CONSECRATED OFFERINGS
Let's pray that God will sharpen our edge, so we can rely less on our own strength & enjoy the benefits of being more productive.
Zechariah 4:6 It's not by might it's not by power it's by my spirit says the Lord. Oh God stoke a fresh fire in our hearts & hone the dullness of of lives that you may be glorified in our church.
January 14th 2018ROMANS 12:1 I urge you brethren in View of the Mercies of God to Present your bodies as a living sacrifice holy & acceptable to God.
- After the Forging of Fasting ... We Cool to become Tempered Christians, stronger
-Possibly no other Process of Refinement can Accomplish what Fasting Does
- We have willingly presented our bodies to God during this church fast to follow Jesus’ example including denying, devoting & desiring.
- We don’t want to remain the same person in 2018, we want to advance further in God's kingdom journey.
- We don't want to be the same church & related ministries, we want to show more resolve.
- We want to grow... grow daily....grow in relationships, (new & old) & to live life fully each day,
> An observation of mine is: One reason New Year's resolutions fail is because people are looking for grace for a whole year ... yet we have learned God always imparts enough grace for the needs of each new day.
- We pray that 2018 will be a year of Great Advancement for God's kingdom. That through anointed ministry, with all of us being involved, we lead many to salvation.
- That 2018 will be a year of fruition as prayers & hopes of years will come to fruition.
- That God will grant us all at Beach Fellowship, great grace to model the love and power of Jesus Christ.
- For us to realize God is calling us more to be a blessing than to be blessed; more to love, than to be loved; more to minister/ serve than to be ministered to.
January 13th 2018Proverbs 19:22 What a person desires is unfailing love...
* A man desires unfailing love
* Mankind desires unfailing love
We are fighting in dedicated time of prayer & fasting just like all God followers in every generation have.
- AS WE PRAY FOR THOSE WHO DON' T walk w/ GOD ... just like we were at one time
- As we pray for those who don't have a voice to be heard
- As we see humanity all around us & we realize that all people really want & need is UNFAILING LOVE
REMEMBER Proverbs 13:12 ..... desire fulfilled is a tree of life
* Crying out reminds us of our dependence. Weeping leads us to reconnect with God. Our tears are sacred. They water the ground around our feet so that new things can grow.
* God always hears the cry of the oppressed;
* God cares about human suffering and the conditions that cause it.
* God is searching for a body, a community of people to care for the things God cares about.
* God gives power and blessing so that justice and righteousness will be upheld for those who are denied them.
If we do what they did in the Bible, we might experience what they experienced !
January 12th 2018Praying
However in the family of God, all sons and daughters have access to our leader: Almighty God Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Savior, and advocate, the one who paid the price of sin, we actually have the right to come before the creator of the universe and communicate any and all of our desires, thoughts and concerns.
Let's go boldly & with inner confidence to his throne of grace & receive help in our nation's times of need.
January 11th 2018As we continue our church fast, Hosea's words became freshly alive to me & I want to reference today. “So, let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth." Hosea 6:3
- Knowing involves learning, learning involves listening Over many years, I hear from folks that participate in fasting how they become more sensitive to God's word, to his still small voice and the inner prompting of the Holy Spirit.
Amos 8:11,12 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord God, when I will send a famine on the land— not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord.
- Let's remind ourselves, God's words & his going forth are as certain as the dawn. His words & our opportunity to daily grow are still available, but a dullness to hearing the words subtly becomes prevalent.
- Fasting is one of God's ways to quite the static noise in our souls... so that we can better hear. The psalmist David alluded to this centuries ago as he wrote "I humbled (made quite) my soul with fasting. Psalm 35:13
- Endeavor in your journey with Jesus, to maintain the hearing that actually empowers us & causes right action—in fact, the Hebrew word is often translated as "obey." Oh that we can be a part of a generation that floods the world with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord ..... because we Listen, Learn & Grow
January 10th 2018JOB 23:12 "I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread."
Job said that He regarded /esteemed / treasured the Word of God as being greater in his daily life than the food necessary to keep him alive. Sounds distinctly similar to Jesus words as he said "Man cannot live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."
Pastor Ray Bjorkman
January 9th 2018Matthew 6:16-18 "When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
- Jesus begins his early teaching by saying WHEN you fast not IF you fast .... communicating our need for fasting as part of our lifestyle of DEPENDENCE on God.
- Also he says: wash your face .... no need to bring unnecessary attention to what we are doing together as a church. Obviously a church wide fast is not an individual private fast .... rather a corporate decision to draw near to God & experience additional time to read, study, pray and speak of the goodness of God .... yes the goodness of God ... even without the great gift of eating.